By far the most popular post I've ever written here on this blog is this post I did back in 2009 highlighting companies focusing on modest swimwear. That post still gets thousands of hits each month. However, some of the companies I featured are no longer in business and some of the links I created are dead. Swimsuit season is approaching and modest suits for my teens is on my mind so I decided to update the directory.
Obviously, modest swimwear is in demand if years later that post is still showing such massive interest. Clothing designers should take note: WE NEED MORE MODEST SWIMWEAR OPTIONS! I am impressed with these companies and the stylish approach they are taking with modest swimwear. There are more companies out there, and feel free to post links in the comments if you know of a company I've missed. I've chosen to feature styles that my daughters and I would wear.
1. Shade Swimwear. Lots of simple but stylish suits in both one-piece and two-piece options averaging about $55, which is pretty reasonable.
2. Downeast Swim. Mix and match pieces in pretty prints with cute accents like bows, ruffles, and sequins. A complete set runs about $65.
3. Rey Swimwear. This company has figured it out. Beautiful photography combined with really adorable styles and the slogan "Who says it has to be itsy bitsy?", this company has my vote for the cool factor. Their site even features fun, hip music. Mix and match pieces ranging from $32-$80.
4. Lime Ricki. Cute, flirty prints and styles. I've purchased a couple of suits from them and the quality is excellent.
5. Anthropologie. Definitely higher priced suits, but oh so cute and unique. Not all of their suits fit in the modest category, but they do have several really pretty modest vintage looks. Prices start at $148.
1. Hapari. This company has a lot of suits to choose from, including some really nice modest options. One-piece and tankini mix and match options in a lot of print choices. Prices start at $29.
2. DivinitaSole. I love the suits on this site especially because they offer more coverage in the chest area. Lots of adorable details like ruffles, bows, and flowers in a wide assortment of prints and solids, and different options for bottom pieces. Get a top and bottom combo for $99, plus free shipping!
3. Shabby Apple Swim. This site has a generous offering of stylish suits. There are cute accents, pretty prints, and retro styles. Prices ranges from $26-$94.
4. Modcloth. If retro is more your thing, this site is for you. Lots of cute and modest one-pieces in vintage prints and styles, including glamorous velvet. Prices starting at $29.99.
5. Modbe Swim. This collection of suits is available from Downeast Basics and offers more fun, feminine styles, including the ever popular chevron print. Prices start at $26.
I hope this helps in your search for the perfect suit!
P.S. I will be adding more suits to this directory as I discover more options! Thanks for visiting!