Let's talk about how great October is. The days begin to cool, the leaves change to gorgeous, and the reminder of holiday traditions fill our minds. This month we will hold our annual taco soup/pumpkin carving night with my family and we are already excited about it.
October is the best month. A great mix should accompany such a stellar month, at least, that's what I believe. I think this is a fine combination of mellow, fall-ish songs and a few tunes that keep you motivated to clean house or go for a run, and especially perfect for a road trip.
1. We Are the Tide - Blind Pilot
2. When Love Breaks Down - Kate Walsh
3. Bloom - The Paper Kites
4. Winter Song - The Head and the Heart
5. Oh My Darlin' - Katie Herzig
6. Raindrops On the Kitchen Floor - Mason Jennings [free!]
7. Capitol City - Wilco
8. Some Friend You Are - Ivan & Alyosha
9. It's Time - Imagine Dragons
10. East Harlem - Beirut
11. Shadow - Gringo Star
12. Pumped Up Kicks - Foster The People
13. Even If I Don't - Rachael Yamagata
14. Something For You - WIM
15. Clementine - Sarah Jaffe
16. Lazy Days - Josh Rouse & The Long Vacations
17. Sooner Or Later (Love Will Break Your Heart) - Ryan Tanner
18. One Mistake - Sarah Sample
19. Maybe I Know - Alessi's Ark
20. All Through the Night - Tyler Ramsey
To win a mix:
Comment once on this post before 9am Monday, October 10th.
Good Luck + Enjoy!
P.S. As always, if you miss a past mix, you can listen to them here.
* This month's cover picture is from the recent Sarah Sample houseboat concert. After the seats were set up and before the guests arrived, I took a picture of the river to capture what a gorgeous and perfect day it was on the river.