As a gift to you on this Summer solstice, I've posted my next mix a wee bit early. You see, a few days ago, Danyelle posted this picture on Instagram of her little nugget Audrey during a mid-day dance party. I pretty much think this picture is the best thing ever, and I felt inspired to create a mix filled with nothing but songs with dance-able beats. Not annoying songs that parents can't wait to change, but ones that everyone will enjoy. The ones that make me want to snap my fingers, clap my hands, and shake, shake, shake. I recycled some of my favorite tunes from the past few years and mixed them with some new ones. It's a happy bunch of tunes.
My hope is that families all over will be turning the music up and grooving with each other on these warm Summer days.
1. Modern Love - Matt Nathanson
2. Nectar Doux - Stars of Leo [I bought this lovely album here, which isn't listed, but perhaps you could message the shop to ask if there are more albums available:]
3. Fools Gold - Katie Herzig
4. 5 Years Time - Noah and The Whale
5. Melody - Kate Earl
6. Rumour Has It - Adele
7. Jungle Drum - Emiliana Torrini
8. Brand New Start - Little Joy
9. Diggin' In The Sand - Josh Rouse [FREE on Noisetrade]
10. Grain of Salt - The Morning Benders
11. New Soul - Yael Naim
12. Sunsets - Tamarama
13. Roll With The Punches - Lenka
14. Anna Sun - Walk The Moon
15. Sunshine - Matt Costa
16. Mushaboom - Feist
17. The Lucky Ones - Tim Myers
18. I Do Adore - Mindy Gledhill
19. Put Your Records On - Corinne Bailey Rae
20. Free - Donavon Frankenreiter
21. Be OK - Ingrid Michaelson
22. Sing - She & Him
One mix will go to a lucky commenter. If you want to enter the drawing, just comment once on this post before 9am, Monday, June 27th. I will announce the winner on Monday.
Good luck + enjoy!