It's kind of a joke around here that I always say, "this month's mix is my favorite!"
But it's true.
This mix is my favorite.
I don't just like every track, I love every track.
I have a hunch you'll love it too.
This mix has brand new songs, like, just released today and yesterday, as well as newer songs from late 2010, mixed in with some older songs, one of which dates clear back to 2005.
FEB / 20111. C'est la Mort - The Civil Wars [this album is an absolute MUST listen, MUST buy. more tomorrow!]
2. Helplessness Blues - Fleet Foxes [free!]
3. If It Hadn't Been For Love - Adele [not available yet, but you can get this song]
4. A Little Respect - Kate Walsh
5. The Sun Will Rise - Brendan James [I'm really smitten with this song]
6. Cartoons and Forever Plans - Maria Taylor
7. Words Remain - Josh Garrells
8. Dear Avery - The Decemberists
9. I Can See Your Tracks - Laura Veirs
10. You Were - Paul Jacobsen & The Madison Arm [I saw Paul sing this live in Dec, + can't get it out of my mind]
11. Tighten Up - The Black Keys
12. Love Song For Everyone - Courtney Jaye
13. Black, Blue - The Avett Brothers
14. Change - KT Tunstall [Acoustic version]
15. Philharmonics - Agnes Obel
16. Happy Just to Be - Nathaniel Rateliff
17. Yellow - The Merry Way
18. Freedom Pt. 2 - The Beautiful Girls
19. The Best Things in Life - The Silver Seas
20. Count on Me - Bruno Mars [a little uncharacteristic for my mixes, but at our house we love Bruno Mars, and this song fits here nicely, I think.]
In this mix, there are several new discoveries that I will share in depth over this coming month.
Albums so good they deserve a full review!
Want this mix?
Comment once on this post,
with your email address
by 9am, Friday, February 4th.
A winner will be announced Friday!