Once I had chosen all the perfect songs and was making the mixes and their super fun packaging [more on that later], I realized I had a mix heavily loaded with women singers. Half of the tracks are by women. The irony is not lost on me. This event was all about women and our
But here are a couple of the albums/singles that I used on this mix:
1. Oh Little Fire - Sarah Harmer. I used the song "Late Bloomer" and it is one of my very favorites from this mix. And this entire album is worth your pennies. Love it. Love it. Love it.
2. Dig With Me - Allie Moss. Umm, seriously? There is some real power in this song. Just go and listen to the lyrics, and then buy the song. She is one of my favorite songwriters. Period.
3. Parachute - Ingrid Michaelson. She always has been and always will be one of the best Indie artists.
4. Something In The Water - Brooke Fraser. A beautiful woman making beautiful music. That's powerful.
5. Travel Back EP - Bess Rogers. I used the song "Yellow Bird" which I really love, even more after I found this video someone made to go with the lyrics of the song. Not sure if this is an official music video or not, but either way, I sort of love it!
6. Long Walk to Never - Jaymay. I've been hoping a new Jaymay album would show up for quite some time, and although it's only 5 songs, it's a little gem of an album. I used the title track for this mix and it is oh-so-lovely.
I hope you find something to lovein this little list of women who are awesome!