Thursday, June 24, 2010
1. Don't Throw Me Away - The Mumlers. I am so excited to have stumbled upon this band. If you like that sultry, New Orlean's style jazz, then you'll love The Mumlers. This album is on it's way to me in vinyl and I can't wait to get it.
2. Fascinator - Holly Conlan. I've had my eye on this album for a while and I finally broke down and bought it. Not sure why I was dragging my feet because it's really good.
3. Crushes [The Covers Mixtape] - Mates of State. I love covers albums and this one isn't too bad. There are a few tracks I'm not thrilled about but I really like the first track, Laura.
4. Take a Bow - Greg Laswell. A really solid album. Check out Take Everything, Around the Bend, and Off I Go.
5. I Speak Because I Can - Laura Marling. Laura is a folk music darling and I adore her British accent that comes through thick, plus her voice is so pleasing. Love love love Rambling Man.
6. Peace and Love - Juliana Hatfield. I listened to this album all the way through recently on a lonely roadtrip and it was perfect driving alone music. It's hard not to draw a comparison to the sound of Sheryl Crow especially on songs like "I Picked You Up." My favorite track is Peace and Love.
7. Holding Us Back - Katie Herzig. This is a new single from one of my most favorites, Katie Herzig and it is so so beautiful. I've seen her in concert twice and she seriously makes the audience feel like they are all her best friends. I'm super tempted to grab my friends and go see her in Seattle in July.