Monday, March 8, 2010
This week is Ethan's 11th birthday. That boy has me wrapped around his little fingers, because he's so darn charming. And because he's a good kid. Last year I posted about a classical music playlist I made for him. He listens to that mix almost every night. I think it's time for a new classical mix.
Here's what I've come up with:
14 tracks, 80 minutes:
1. Symphony No. 5 in C-sharp Minor Pt. 3: IV Adagietto/ Gustav Mahler - Royal Concert Orchestra & Bernard Heitink [this is the song that Virtue & Moir skated to Olympic Gold with, I fell in love with the music almost as much as I fell in love with them.]
2. Nocturne No. 1 in B-Flat Minor, Op.9, No.1 / Chopin - I have been listening to Chopin's Nocturnes lately, and they are THE BEST!
3. Pavane for Dead Princess - Maurice Ravel
4. Adagio for Strings / Samuel Barber - performed by I Solisti Italiani
5. Remembrances [With Itzhak Perlman] - from the Schindler's List soundtrack/John Williams
6. First Impressions / Adrian Johnston - from the Becoming Jane soundtrack/A. Johnston [This is a beautiful classical soundtrack, much like Pride & Prejudice.]
7. Nocturne No.2 in E-Flat, Op.9, No.2 / Chopin
8. Nocturne / Alexander Borodin - performed by Joshua Bell
9. Air on a G String / Bach - Societas Musica Chamber Orchestra
10. Rusalka Op.114 (B. 203), Act I: O Lovely Moon / Antonin Dvorak - Performed by Eric Hammerstein & London Promenade Orchestra
11. Casta Diva / Bellini - Performed by Joshua Bell
12. Piano Sonata No. 8 in C Minor, Op. 13 "Pathetique": II Adagio Cantabile / Beethoven - Performed by the London Symphony Orchestra
13. Idyl for Strings: Adagio / Leos Janacek - Performed by the Prague Chamber Orchestra
14. Nocturne No. 21 in C Minor, Op. posth. / Chopin
I hope he likes it!
** Photo by You Look Nice Today Photography