Three years ago I made a playlist filled with all of my favorite Christmas songs. The best of the best of vintage Christmas music, and each year I have looked forward to listening to that mix. Because there is a never ending supply of amazing Christmas music, and because this era of music reminds me of my childhood, I made a new mix for this 2009 Christmas season... and I love it. Here are my favorites from the mix...
- Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas - Ella Fitzgerald. I love Ella. She's my all-time favorite.
- White Christmas - Peggy Lee. Ever since I heard Peggy Lee's voice sing "La la lu" on Lady and The Tramp, I've been a fan.
- By The Fireside - Jo Stafford. I love this song so much, it makes me want to turn up the fire and snuggle with my husband.
- The Christmas Song - Wayne Newton. Wayne's voice in this song reminds me of my childhood Christmases more than any other song.
- Silent Night - Bing Crosby. The master of Christmas music.
- Winter Weather - Benny Goodman & Peggy Lee. A few days ago my mom called me and told me I HAD to find this song, and she was so right, who doesn't love the big band sound of this one.
- The Christmas Blues - Dean Martin. For me Dean Martin and Christmas music go together like pumpkin pie and whipped cream.
- Winter Wonderland - Rosemary Clooney. She didn't get the recognition she deserved, she was a gem and I love her.
- Ave Maria - Andy Williams. They called him Mr. Christmas for a reason. I love his voice.
- I'll Be Home For Christmas - Al Martino. My grandma, who helped create so many wonderful Christmas memories for me, loved Martino and his voice reminds me of her.
Last month's November winners will also get a copy of this December mix [as a sort of "I'm sorry" for the major delay in your package.] If you didn't win in November then comment once [with your e-mail address] on this post by Friday, December 4th @ 8am, when I will pick 5 names to receive this December mix. Good Luck!