Monday, June 1, 2009
My top ten favorite tracks from this mix:
1. Just You and Me - Zee Avi. Ukulele? Check. Happy love song? Check Check.
2. Love's Enormous Wings - The Leisure Society. More ukulele, really really great lyrics, pure loveliness.
3. Love to Love Me Back - Mandy Moore. This is from Mandy's brand new album and the entire album has a really unique sound. As I listen to this album, it seems as if I'm listening to the soundtrack to a charming movie about Mandy's life. It's very different and kind of retro-ish, and I like it a lot.
4. More Than This - Missy Higgins. Her voice and Australian accent are just the best.
5. Charmed Life - Joy Williams. The namesake for this mix. I just really love it, it's fun and pretty and... charming.
6. Rally - Allie Moss. Quite possibly my favorite song from this mix. Listen to the lyrics and prepare for goosebumps. Whenever I listen to this song, I can't help but think of all the people in my life who've needed to be rallied around. If you know someone who is facing tough trials, perhaps you need to make them a mix and put this song right up at the top...seriously.
7. Furr - Blitzen Trapper. "Just your typical song about a boy who turns into a wolf" ...once again, charming.
8. Come Back When You Can - Barcelona. Hmmmmm, such an awesome song...me and Madeline play this song over and over and over in the car everyday.
9. Hungry Heart - Pajaro Sunrise. I love this cover of Springsteen's super-hit...I love the twist the artist puts on the song with the human sound effects. The only thing I don't love about this song is the loud, annoying crumpling sound that comes in at the last 23 seconds...weird.
10. Where The Road Meets The Sun - Katie Herzig & Matthew Perrymore Jones. Two of the artists I saw perform in Seattle at the Ten out of Tenn concert collaborated to make this really great song, and I love it.
P.S. I am mega happy because I get my braces off today!!! Tell me what's making you happy today and one commenter will get some June-Mix-Happy-Mail.