***hint hint: This is a really long, indulgent post, but worth it if you read to the end.
1. Fall Apart Today - Schuyler Fisk. Just another great artist who fits perfectly in the ever increasing singer/songwriter category. I am falling fast in love with her album, "The Good Stuff." This song just gets me. Love it. Love it. Love it. And that's why it's number one.
2. New Morning - Trent Dabbs. In this playlist, there are several songs by artists who are new to me, but who I will be seeing in concert in a few weeks in Seattle. They are among the Ten out of Tenn (ten from Nashville, Tenn.) They will actually be playing here in the Tri-Cities, but alas, that concert falls on a Sunday, so Brandon and I will be seeing them in Seattle on the 27th. Among the ten is Trent Dabbs, and I love his ENTIRE album. I can't wait to see him live. Oh, and a little favorite of mine, Katie Herzig will be there also. Did I mention I can't wait?
3. Hold Up My Heart - Brooke White. Honestly, I had kind of forgotten about Brooke White, but last Wednesday, I was browsing what was new on iTunes, and gave her new single a listen. I liked it. But when I heard her performance on AI, I loved it. I downloaded it, and I have listened to this song more times than I wish to admit. Now, I am looking forward to her upcoming album.
4. Train Song - Feist + Ben Gibbard. Yes, Please. That's what I said when I saw a new Feist track. I am sort of impatiently waiting for a new album from her, so a new track to tide me over is a good thing. This song comes from the compilation album "Dark Was the Night." Fully loaded with 31 tracks, this album is a good buy right here.
5. I Only See You - Benton Paul. I've been loving on this incredible song for a long time, like for a year, and I'm not sure why I haven't used it yet on a playlist, maybe I was hoarding it. But I won't be selfish any longer...listen and love it. Oooh, it's so pretty.
6. Not Going Anywhere - Keren Ann. I try not to use an artist over and over again, but there are a few that I just can't help it. Keren is one of them. I used one of her songs on last months mix, but I was listening to this song recently and I realized it would be a shame to not include it. It's a great song.
7. Black Keys - Andy Davis. One of the Ten out of Tenn artists I'll be seeing in Seattle. I'm still discovering his music, but this song really stood out to me.
8. For Your Love - Marching Band. I tend to lean towards mellow music, but this song has just the right amount of spunk to it. Marching Band is from Sweden and they rock.
9. Get Well Soon - The Perishers. Back to back Swedish bands. The Perishers are a band that I can't seem to get enough of. I am devouring their music catalog and I love them. This song, although sort of sad, has the most beautiful harmonies. So so pretty.
10. Pulling On A Line - Great Lake Swimmers. Catchy and the kind of song that gets stuck in your head.
11. These Days - Mary Lorson and Saint Low. I can't even remember where or how or when I found this song, but I love it.
12. Brand New Start - Little Joy. If you haven't given this band a chance and you haven't listened to their breezy, beautiful music...WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? I love every single song on their album. It's just the happiest music. Listen here.
13. Golden Train - Justin Nozuka. Talented musician. Listen here.
14. No Surprise (Earth Version) - James Yuill. I don't know a thing about this artist, but I like this song a lot. It comes in several versions...I only like this one.
15. Down To The Garden - Tyler James. Another great artist from the Ten out of Tenn group. This song is gorgeous, and the lyrics amazing.
16. Daydreaming - PT Walkley. Listen to more from this artist here. I think he is making interesting music, but he's relatively unknown.
17. No Escape - Civalias. (Pronounced Siv-ale-ee-us) Hmmm, this is a good one. This is an artist on the verge. Gonna be big I think. First of all the music is great (listen to the romantic ballad "Anything But You",) but almost as important is the packaging...and I love everything about the look of this album, from the artwork to the title...just everything. Great. Get the album, "you.me.we." on iTunes for just $3.99.
18. Dead Language - K.S. Rhoads. This artist will be at the Ten out of Tenn concert as well and I am really looking forward to seeing him. He's easy on the eyes and his music is amazing. Listen to Dark Hotel. BEAUTIFUL!
19. You've Caught Me Now - Aaron Espe. I love it when someone tips me off to a great artist that they think I will love, because then I know that I am understood. My blogging friend Mique, recently suggested Aaron Espe and she was right, he's got talent, and his music is right up my alley. Thanks Mique.
20. Nothing But The Blame - Renee Olstead. Words can NOT express how much I adore this song. I love it's bluesy, emotional styling, and just wait until you get to the 3:15 mark in the song....oh.my.goodness. Has anyone ever sang a song with more emotion than that? It takes my breath away ev-er-y time. I really really really love Renee Olstead.
21. Mockingbird - Allison Moorer. I've been waiting for just the right mix to put this song into, because I love it but it doesn't necessarily fit with the rest of the styling, but it follows perfectly, Renee's gem of a song. And it ends the mix on such a fine note.
If you made it all the way through this, then bless you. You deserve a chance to win the playlist. Comment here by Friday 9am. and tell me which one of these tracks is your favorite, and I will choose one commenter to gift the mix to.