- So these last few days have been weird and frustrating. I hurt my back last Thursday, it got bad though on Saturday and Sunday and today is the first day where I finally feel comfortable sitting, standing, walking, etc. I haven't accomplished the things I wanted to, hence, the frustration.
For example: My Christmas stuff is still up. Don't judge me! It is coming down today.
- We have seen a few movies over the Christmas break, here are my reviews:
I Am Legend: Awesome!
Water Horse: Very good, made me cry.
National Treasure: way too predictable!
- We bought ourselves a Clearplay dvd player and membership and had to pay an arm and a leg to get it hooked up with all of our other surround sound components, but we watched our first movie on it the other night and IT IS SO AWESOME! No more vulgar words, no more taking the Lord's name in vain (my biggest pet peeve), no more unnecessary love scenes. Our Clearplay settings turned a PG-13 movie into a tame PG. I LOVE IT!
- I realized a couple of days ago that all of my Etsy boards had vanished from my blog. I'm not exactly sure why, but I found a new and much improved way of making the boards, and so I am replacing them all. It is much easier now and doesn't take as much time. I will get back to new Etsy boards soon!
- I have been thinking a lot about my "one little word". My word for 2008: control. Now, before you start thinking that I want to take over the world, let me explain. I want to gain control of my life and more specifically my battle with weightloss. I also want to make sure this year that I don't let other things control me, things like fear, or selfishness, or pride. My hope is that by the end of 2008, I will feel that I am in control of my life and I will begin to feel balance (another word that is weighing heavily on my mind.) A quote that sums up how I am feeling about the word control:
"This life is worth living, we can say, since it is what we make it."
This life is what we make it. We have control. That is my focus for 2008!
Happy New Year!