1. Did you watch last nights Dancing With the Stars? Isn't Wade Robson so cool? I loved that circus routine and especially the song that he chose. It's #2 in my playlist today. "Hi" by Psapp (pronounced sap...really).
I recommend it.
2. Have you seen any good movies lately? I have. Good, uplifting, family friendly ones. I recommend Evan Almighty and The Ultimate Gift.
3. Have you heard of Bloglines? This website has made blogging easier and faster for me. I love it. Basically, you subscribe to the blogs you enjoy and everytime you log in to Bloglines, it shows you which of your favorite blogs have updated. Then you can just visit the ones which have new posts and there's no more checking and checking on those bloggers who rarely update.
It's pretty slick, and I recommend it.
4. I enjoyed the discussion yesterday about Christmas music, and I just want to make one more argument for beginning the listening on November 1st. In the past when I have waited until after Thanksgiving, I feel so sad when Christmas is over and it is time to put the Christmas music away. This way, I get to enjoy it longer and then I feel ready to start listening to other music after Christmas. Once December hits, life gets busier (think Christmas trees, shopping, crafts, parties) and more stressful. This way I get to actually enjoy the beautiful music for a whole month before the crazy starts. Plus, I consider Thanksgiving to be part of the "holidays", where we feel an added measure of love and charity and gratitude. The music fits perfectly in the month of November.
Just try it, I highly recommend it!
5. I have been trying to decide what would be the easiest way to do the recipe exchange, and this is what I have come up with. I recommend that everyone who wants to participate in the exchange should e-mail me (firstname.lastname@example.org) their favorite recipes (no more than 3) and then I will compose those into a word document and send that to everyone who participated. I am really looking forward to trying some new recipes, so hurry and send them to me. The deadline will be Sunday October 21st at 11pm. After that, it'll probably be too late.
Have a lovely day...I recommend it!