- More than 90 businesses donated items and services
- More than 35 individuals donated tems and helped with the auction
- There were over 175 items up for bidding
- There were approx. 200 people at the auction
- There were 71 bidders
- 25 pizzas, 250 cinnamon rolls, 250 cookies
- only 30 chairs (sorry about that. That was the only complaint I heard, but there just wasn't enough room for more)
- largest amount spent on one item: $2600.00. A complete braces package was donated by a generous orthadontist (Dr. Brian Almond) at the last minute while the auction was still going. He even donated a second package and that price was met. It was a generous offer and a great deal because a braces package is a $4800.00 value. Thank you Dr. Almond!
Now the number you have been waiting for.
The auction brought in.........
Isn't that amazing? Aren't you happy that you were able to participate in this? I know I am honored to have been a part of it. When we called Dave and Catherine that night to give them a rough estimate, they were in tears. They are so grateful for the generosity of friends and strangers, and they said that this allows them not to have to worry about money, but instead focus on getting Daniel better.
Thank you to all of you who baked, helped, donated, bid, won, paid, ate, and just participated. It was a huge success.