The first question comes from Elizabeth, whom I've met only in cyberspace, but I think she's great. She is the mother of twin boys. Great. She adores her husband. Great. She has the most gorgeous brown eyes. Great. Check out her blog, she just recently posted some wonderful pictures and stories of marriages. It is really interesting. The first one you see is her and her husband. After her, you will see me and Brandon. Scroll down a little farther and you will most likely recognize another blogging friend. Here's Elizabeth's question.....
"Okay...so this doesn't really have anything to do with this post, but I was just wondering what the story is behind your blog name. ??? Have you ever blogged about that, or is this a new question?"
Elizabeth, good question. I haven't blogged about it, because it really is not a very interesting story. The day I sat down and started my blog, "Passionista!" just popped into my head. Seriously. I thought that I had just created a new word, but later found out that I was not, in fact, a genius. Others have been using the word for some time. Go figure. I am, however, a very passionate person. If I love something, I REALLY love it. For example, Brandon, my kids, music, paper, and shoes, just to name a few.
The next question came in the form of an e-mail from my dear cousin Alicia. She asked......
"Are kids invited to the auction?"
Good question Alicia. Yes, children are invited. There will be a kids table with dollar store items for sale. The price? $1.00 of course. There will be no bidding on those items, just a flat rate. There will also be some children's items for sale on the silent auction table, such as buckets of art supplies.
Also, there will be concessions. Prices are as follows:
- Slice of pizza and a pop (or water).........$2.00
- Homemade cinnamon rolls.....................$1.00
- Homemade cookies..................................$.50
So you can enjoy the auction and feed your family. Awesome huh?
Although, we also think an auction would make a great date night, so maybe you DO want to leave the kids with a sitter. I'll let you decide.
My wonderful sister-in-law Nancie, or Nan, as I almost ALWAYS call her, asked me how I have something to blog about everyday.
I told her, "I just do!" I have things, ideas, thoughts, questions, stories mulling around in this brain of mine every minute of every day. As I said earlier, I am passionate. I am constantly thinking. Thinking. Thinking. Sometimes, I write an idea down and so now I have a list of ideas. So if you are ever in need of a blogging idea, just call me, or e-mail me, or ask me a question on my blog. Like Elizabeth and Alicia and Nan did.
What was that? You have a question? Oh, you want to see something else that will be up for bidding? Okay, howabout these things from the live auction program........
- Pamper Package- Pamper someone you love with a manicure and 30 minute massage at a local salon. While she’s away, a local cleaning company will spend three hours professionally cleaning your home. Dinner is ready too, pick it up on your way home from Entrées Made Easy.
- Homemade Cinnamon Rolls- Donated by Phyllis
- Framed Botanical Prints- Donated by Tami
- 1000 Square Feet of Sod
- Child’s Rocking Chair
- “The Prayer at Valley Forge” Art
- Furniture and Decorative accessories- Donated by Debra
- MLB Tickets and Hotel Stay- Two second row, first baseline tickets to the July 13 game against the Detroit Tigers. Includes a one night stay at the 41/2 star Paramount Hotel.
Stay tuned for more sneak peeks on some of the homemade items that will be up for bidding....