My little boy is turning 8. I have such mixed feelings.I am happy; he gets to be baptized.
I am sad; he's growing up so fast.
I am scared; he is accountable.
I am excited; he is turning out to be a great young man.
Ever since the moment he was born I have had a special bond with him. He is my only son. When he was a baby, he wasn't a very good sleeper, and he just needed to be rocked, every night. I didn't mind. In fact, I enjoyed it. He was a snuggly baby, and he was sooo cute.
Now, he is still a little snuggler, and he is a Momma's boy and I like it that way.
Get to know my little man we call Ethan Taylor, or just "Boy"........
- He loves animals, his favorites are: birds, snakes, lizards, frogs, turtles. His favorite animal ever is a bald eagle. On any given day, you will find him sketching animals, and there will probably be a picture of a bald eagle on it.
- He wants to be a professional hunter and a taxidermist(like his Grandpa) when he grows up.
- His favorite food is oatmeal, can you believe that?
- He is very mischievious (hence, the above mentioned fear about accountability)
- He does not enjoy wearing church clothes.
- He loves converse shoes.
- He chooses animal documentaries over super-hero movies everytime.
- He would rather be outside finding bugs or climbing a tree rather than inside playing video games or watching t.v. I am so grateful for that.
- He wants to learn karate.
- He is so easy going, he has barely even mentioned his birthday, and hasn't asked for a thing.
- His favorite song is Fleetwood Mac's "Peacemaker", he doesn't know the name of it, he just loves the chorus, because it is so fun to sing and he giggles with delight if I sing along with him.
- His favorite color is green, I think, I don't know, it changes every week.
- He will only eat vanilla ice cream, and with NOTHING on it.
- He tries very hard to please his Mom and Dad, but sometimes "it is just so hard, and I forget."
- He is the apple of his Mother's eye.
Today's song is "Baby Mine". You may recognize it from the movie "Dumbo". It is one of my favorite children's songs because it just reminds me of my children when they were babies. Go check out Kenny Loggins version on iTunes, in fact consider investing in the entire album. It is worth every penny. His version is SO beautiful, and these are the lyrics, they are precious....
Baby mine, don't you cry
Baby mine, dry your eyes
Rest your head close to my heart
Never to part, baby of mine
Little one when you play
Don't you mind what they say
Let those eyes sparkle and shine
Never a tear, baby of mine
If they knew sweet little you
They'd end up loving you too
All those same people who scold you
What they'd give just for the right to hold you
From your head down to your toes
You're not much, goodness knows
But you're so precious to me
Cute as can be, baby of mine